Uttarakhand Unemployment rate in 2021
According to a survey conducted by the Centre for Monitoring of the Indian Economy, Uttarakhand’s unemployment rate rose 1.5 percentage points to 8.0 percent in May 2020 (CMIE). Unemployment has moved from 5.8 percent in Nov 2019 to its present pace for a longer period of time.
In Uttarakhand, unemployment was lower than the 23.5 percent national average. In Jharkhand, Bihar, and Delhi, unemployment was highest at 59.2%, 46.2%, and 44.9%, respectively, nationally. Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
- At 8.0%, 9.6%, and 9.6% respectively, it was the lowest in Uttarakhand, Assam, and Odisha. In the map below, tap or mouse over a state to see unemployment figures for it.
- In India, particularly in the informal sector, there are few frequently updated government metrics for job tracking.
- As a result, high-frequency metrics such as the CMIE Unemployment Survey appear to be used as a proxy for labor market health assessment. The survey has a sample size of 43,600 households per month that are well spread between urban and rural areas and geographically. Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
- Data from the CMIE Unemployment website was collected.
- The unemployment rate in Uttarakhand has doubled from 2.1 percent in 2004-05 to 4.2 per cent in 2017, according to the new Human Development Report (HRD) released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
- District unemployment rate data for trained youth (secondary level and above) shows even more alarming patterns as the highest unemployment rates are registered by the districts of Dehradun (30.2 per cent) and Haridwar (20.1 percent).
- Experts feel that the reason behind the high unemployment rate is the failure of the state to create adequate private sector job opportunities.
Also Check – Online Employment Card Renewal Uttarakhand 2020
“We have over nine lakh registered unemployed youth in Uttarakhand so this data does not come as a surprise. We are facing the crisis as governments have failed to bring big industries and provide job opportunities to residents.”
- The survey listed as many as 56,873 households (33,989 from rural areas and 22,884 from urban areas). For comprehensive interviews, a total of 8,845 sample households were chosen (6,828 from rural areas and 2,017 from urban areas). Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
- In districts such as Pauri Garhwal (22.9%), Tehri Garhwal (20.9%), which have also seen a spurt in migration from villages, the unemployment rate for educated youth (secondary level and above) is relatively high, according to the survey.
- Fast-growing unemployment in the state can also worry about the Uttarakhand government in the middle of the employment year. The unemployment rate in the state has been estimated at around 14 percent in the Central Labor Force Survey.
- This is almost three times more than the unemployment rate revealed in the survey conducted by the Planning Department of the state in 2017.
- The survey of the National Statistics Office (NSO) till 2019 March has revealed this figure of unemployment in the state. Earlier in 2017, while preparing the Human Development Report, the Planning Department of the state had also conducted a survey on unemployment in the state.
- According to this report released in 2019, the unemployment rate in the state is 4.2. The rate was only 2.1 percent in 2003-04. It was also said in the report that the number of people engaged in some kind of employment (work participation) in the state is about 45 percent. Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
- Now it is clear from the labor force survey of NSO that unemployment in the state is much more than this. According to the report, the unemployment rate in the state was found to be 14.2 in March 2019.
- The national average of unemployment at that time was 9.2 percent. The percentage of total working people was also found to be only 23. Accordingly, unemployment in the state has increased seven times compared to 2003-04. Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
Where did the omissions in the human development report:
According to an official of the planning department, the availability of employment at different times was not taken into consideration while preparing the Human Development Report. The survey was conducted between April and June.
This round is also part of the Char Dham Yatra in the state. Availability of employment in the state increases during Char Dham Yatra. Because of this, the unemployment rate may have been under-reported. Uttarakhand unemployment rate in 2021
The National Statistical Office surveyed four times at different times among 750 families in 96 blocks of the state and prepared a report of unemployment and employment.