A Must Visit Place- “Uttarakhand”
Uttarakhand is known for its picturesque centers of beauty and pilgrimage. You can visit many tourist places that are more reliable and luxurious to stay. Since a few years, Uttarakhand has become a tourist hub, attracting the numerous national or international tourists per year. Also known as “Lands of God,” Uttarakhand is very peaceful and calm place for all outsiders, the picturesque view enhances the beauty of the hills that make it more attractive. Here are the Top 18 Places to visit in Uttarakhand 2019:-
Visiting places in Uttarakhand are :-
1. Mussoorie – Located at 6000 feet above sea level, Mussoorie, the’ Queen of Hills,’ is personified with beauty. The country is abundant with snow-covered Himalayan peaks on view. The abundant natural beauty of the land also has an excellent climate. The summers are pleasant and the winters are chilling. The place’s beauty fascinated British Army Captain Young who made this place his residence in 1820. Since the discovery, Mussoorie has seen countless footprints, the list of excited tourists is growing to enjoy the site’s immense beauty.
2. Nainital- Family referred to at 1938 meters above sea level as the’ Lake District of India,’ is a scenic delight that would be irresistible to any tourist. It is situated in a valley around the famous Naini Lake. Nainital is where you need to be for a nature rendezvous with mountains on all sides. The tourist attraction is Snow View, Naina Peak, Nainital Zoo, Lands End, Tiffin Top, Naini Lake, and so on.
3. Auli- Auli is a major ski destination in Uttarakhand, India’s Himalayan mountains. Auli, also known as Auli Bugyal, is located at a height of 2500 to 3050 meters above sea level in Garhwali, meaning meadow. It is less known than Shimla, Gulmarg or Manali as a ski destination. Recently it was marked as a tourist destination after the creation of the new state Uttarakhand carved out of Uttar Pradesh. Auli has been marketed as a destination for tourists. The state is called “Dev Bhumi,” meaning “Land of the Gods,” because in this state there is a major pilgrimage destination, mainly the’ Char Dham’ (Gangotri-Yamunotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath).
4. Ranikhet- Ranikhet is another hill station raising your spirits to another plane. The’ Queens Land,’ as Ranikhet is called, is the perfect place to visit to see the Himalayas at its best, at an altitude of 1829 meters. The’ Queens Land’ is the perfect place to visit the Himalayas at its best, as Ranikhet is called. The incredible greenery richness and the scenic landscape make this place a dream destination.
5. Rishikesh- Rishikesh is a mixture of quietness and adventure. Its location at the confluence of the Ganges River and the Chandrabhaga River and views of spectacular hills and various adventurous activities such as hiking, rafting and camping captivate nature lovers; the tranquility of the place with its importance as a pilgrim center touches the pilgrims ‘ soul. Rishikesh is called the world’s Yoga Capital.
6. Haridwar- Haridwar is also called’ the Lord’s Gateway’ thanks to a large number of temples and ashrams located here. The city is considered to be holy and pilgrims from different parts of the world are traveling to the place to offer their prayers. It is also known for the Kumbh Mela, a festival that takes place once in twelve years. In Haridwar there are many attractions such as Har Ki Pauri, Chandi Temple, Shantikunj, Maya Devi Temple, Mansa Devi Temple, Pavan Dham and Vishnu Ghat etc.
7. Almora-Almora is a paradise for lovers of nature. The picturesque district is on Uttarakhand’s eastern side. Himalayan views are spell-binding. It is also renowned for handicrafts, food and wildlife. It has a rich heritage of culture. Bright End Corner, Binsar Wildlife, Kasar Devi, Martola and Simtola are some of the main attractions in Almora.
8. Kausani-Kausani is a hill station and Village situated in Bageshwar district. The land you need to be if you want to enjoy Mother Nature’s generosity. This hill station is located at 1890 meters above sea level. The place is renowned for the view of the majestic Himalayas 350 km stretch it offers. Here are some of Kausani’s top attractions: Rudradhari Falls, Lakshmi Ashram, Ashram Anasakti, Kausani Tea State, etc.
9. Lansdowne–Lansdowne is one of India’s quietest and most unspoilt hill stations and has been a popular destination since British people arrived in India. Unlike other hill stations, Lansdowne is well connected to motorized roads but remote in its own way.
It is located at an altitude of 1,700 meters above sea level in the pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand state, surrounded by thick oak and blue pine forests. Lansdowne got his name from Lord Lansdowne, who during the period 1888-1894 was India’s then Viceroy. Lansdowne currently has the Indian Army Division’s Garhwal Rifles Command Office.
10. Dehradun-Dehradun is Uttarakhand’s capital, located at the foothills of the Himalayas. Dehradun’s geographical location is picturesque with views of the Himalayan ranges and on either side of the city are River Ganges and River Yamuna. Natural beauty apart, some of the ancient buildings make the place famous for the splendid architectural display.
11. Badrinath–Badrinath is one of the hindus pilgrimage sites near the Uttarakhand district of Chamoli. The town of Badrinath is situated between mountain ranges of Nar or Narayana and in the shadow of the peak of Nilkantha, 301 km from Rishikesh.
12. Jim Corbett National Park– National Park Jim Corbett, India’s oldest national park houses a variety of flora and fauna including the rare one like Tigers and is a perfect place for wildlife photographers and nature lovers. Corbett is one of the country’s richest bird regions, and Birdlife International has declared it an’ Important Bird Area’ (IBA).
13. Munsiyari– Munsiyari is located in Uttarakhand district of Pithoragarh. It settled in the great Himalayan base. This is surrounded by beautiful green vegetation and mountain tops gets covered with snow almost everytime that gives the surrounding amazing view. This is a popular place among travelers. Popular activities in Munsiyari include trekking, bird watching and village tourism.
14. Chandrashila- Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world at an altitude of about 13,000 feet. A perfect blend of spirituality, beauty and serenity.
15. Landour– There’s peaceful heaven called Landour just a few kilometers from the busy Mussoorie. You may not have heard much about it, but in Uttarakhand it is one of the most serene places to see. You can either stay at Landour’s heritage property or make it Mussoorie’s day-long visit. But if you prefer less commercialized and less crowded places, you can visit this place.
16. Kedarnath- Famous temple of lord Shiva in Uttarakhand. One of the most visiting spiritual destination in uttarakhand.
17. Valley Of Flower: It’s well-known throughout the world. Thousands of visitors came here to see this Valley’s beauty every year. You must first reach Ghanghriya village, which is a 14–16 km walk from govind ghat, then you must walk 3–4 km from Ghanghriya village to reach the valley.
18. Mana: Mana is the last town near the border between Indo-China. It’s close to Badrinath. It is the best destination for bikers on the road trip and if you love to know different cultures, this place will give you the best idea of Tibetan culture.
Also check out: 5 Best Places to visit in Lansdowne