Important Facts about Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand: A heaven to this World
Uttarakhand was earlier known as Uttaranchal. On 9 November 2000 Uttarakhand was formed and became the 27th state of India. It is a state in the north part of India. Uttarakhand is well known for its greenery and vegetation. It is well known for the Himalayas. Also called Devbhoomi (Land Of Lords).
Uttarakhand was the ancient term for the central touch of the Indian Himalayas. In Hindu scriptures Kedarkhand is Garhwal and Manaskhand is Kumaon.
Haridwar Kumbh Mela is one of the most important big events of Uttarakhand. Kumbh Mela takes place in 4 places and Haridwar is one of them. Kumbh Mela is every time joined by thousands of foreigners too. Important Facts about Uttarakhand.
According to the 2011 Census:
The information given below is given according to the census of 2011 and these are the most important key points to be remembered about Uttarakhand.
Population – 10086292
Area- 53,483 km2
Official language- Hindi
Additional Official- Sanskrit
Literacy rate- 78.81%
Sex ratio – 963/1000
Important Facts about Uttarakhand 2021:-
- Uttarakhand is the second best state in terms of crime rate after Nagaland. This report was generated by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) in 2017.
- Total MLAs (Member of Legislative Assembly) from Uttarakhand are 71 members also called the Unicameral Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
- 70 seats are open for direct elections while 1 seat is reserved for the Anglo-Indian.
- The state also elects 5 members to Lok Sabha and 3 seats to the Rajya Sabha of the Parliament of India.
- Uttarakhand high court- Nainital and incumbent (a person who is currently in position) chief justice of Uttarakhand is Justice Ramesh Ranganathan.
- There are 13 districts in Uttarakhand which are grouped into two parts, Garhwal and Kumaon.
- Garhwal Region– Pauri garhwal, Chamoli, Dehradun, Haridwar, Rudraprayag, Tehri Garhwal, Uttarkashi
- Kumaon Region– Almora, Bageshwar, Champawat, Nainital, Pithoragarh, Udham singh Nagar
- Most populous Districts- Haridwar, Dehradun, Udham singh Nagar
- Traditional Languages- Hindi, Garhwali, Kumaoni, Jaunsari and Bhoti.
- Famous Personalities from Uttarakhand- Gaura Devi, Govind Ballabh Pant, Chandi Prasad Bhatt, Kalu singh Mahara, Mukandi lal, Sunderlal Bahuguna and Shri Dev Suman.
- Crops- Buckwheat (kotu or kuttu), Maduwa and Jhangora.
- Popular Spice- Jakhiya
- One of the Popular Sweet- Bal Mithai
- Some Popular Dishes – Chains, Paliyo, Phana, Dubuk, Kap, Bhatiya, Chutkani, Sei, Jholi (Kadi).
- Basmati Rice of different types is one of the well-known commodities of Uttarakhand.
Education in Uttarakhand is very popular. Dehradun is Known as School Capital of India.
Uttarakhand is the state which sends the highest numbers of officers in the Indian army per capita of the population of Uttarakhand. Important Facts about Uttarakhand
Important Symbols of Uttarakhand-
- Emblem- Diamond shield
- Musical instrument- Dhol
- Animal- Alpine Musk Deer
- Bird- Himalayan Monal
- Flower- Brahma Kamal
- Fruit- Kaphal
- Tree- Burans
- River- Ganga
- Sport- Football
Uttarakhand is mainly famous for attracting tourists. For example, Dehradun, Haridwar, Nainital, Mussoorie, Kedarnath, Badrinath, Lansdowne and Rishikesh. These are the places to visit in Uttarakhand and which attract the tourists most in Uttarakhand. These places almost cover all the greenery and vegetation of the state. Rishikesh is mainly famous for YOGA as Rishikesh is also called the Yoga City of India. Dehradun is also under the vision of Smart City. Important Facts about Uttarakhand
Places to visit in Uttarakhand:-
We are sharing some famous places to visit in Uttarakhand, that you must visit at least once when you come down to Uttarakhand. These places are the heart of Uttarakhand and tourists feel good to visit these places. Come to Uttarakhand. Experience the peace and calmness of Pahad(mountains).
Also, Check – Best Hangout Places in Dehradun 2021 | Uttarakhand